Nourish - Cappuccino Protein Balls
There are two things that I cannot go without – coffee & chocolate!
My favourite treat is a cappuccino with coconut milk with its creamy coffee goodness in a cup.
That’s what got me thinking – could I optimise the nutritional benefits of this combination while keeping that amazing taste? Yes, in a cappuccino protein ball!
For this recipe, I have used Coconut Manna which is basically the holy grail of vegan cooking. Packed full of protein and free from cholesterol and trans-fats, it is perfect for post-workout recovery, providing a steady release of energy while on the go, or for satisfying a sweet craving.
If you’re not a coffee lover, why not try this recipe out with your favourite protein flavour and let us know how it tastes!
- Begin by mixing all dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl, making sure that the oats and chia seeds are well dispersed.
- Stir the coconut manna and maple syrup into the dry ingredients until all ingredients are combined and develop a flaky texture.
- Add the coconut milk gradually and mix the ingredients together until they bind together.
- Time for the fun part – Use your hands to roll the mixture into individual balls.
- Decorate by rolling the balls in desiccated coconut and sprinkling with cacao powder to give it a real cappuccino feel!