Nourish - Kate’s Seed & Cacao Bites
When Kate entered our Great Nourish Bake-off, we fell in love with her blog Nutritiouslykate. Her recipes are super healthy and tasty, and simply bursting with colour.
These Cacao and seed bites are a tasty little guilt-free treat to enjoy with a cuppa! Take it from us they’re amazing- we’ve tried them!
- Place all the seeds and desiccated coconut into a blender. Blend until everything is broken down and resembles a crumb-like consistency.
- Add the honey and tahini and stir to combine.
- Press the mixture into a lined baking tin. I used a 2-pound loaf tin for this.
- Pop this into a preheated oven (fan 175)
- When baked, allow to cool completely (this is important as the chocolate layer will set better when the base is cool).
- To make the top layer, melt the coconut and honey in a pot over a low heat. Then add the cacao powder and gently stir until all the lumps are gone and you have a smooth silk chocolate layer.
- Pour this over the base and pop into the fridge to set (up to 1 hour).
- The seed and cacao bites are then ready.
- I like to cut them up into different sizes and store in an airtight container in the fridge.