Nourish - Marta’s Gorgeous Carrot Cake
This morish carrot cake is topped with a tasty Italian mascarpone icing and is absolutely divine.
And the best part… it has a very low GI, no sugar, only whole wheat or spelt and plenty of veg, as it is carrot cake after all!
1. Set oven for 180°C and lie loaf tin with baking paper.
2. Mix xylitol with eggs until fluffy and add oil.
3. Stir in flour, spices, soda bread, baking powder to wet ingredients and then fold in carrot, zest and coconut.
4. Transfer batter to the tin and bake for 35-40 min.
5. To make the icing beat cold cream until its fluffy and then add the mascarpone. Spread on cake when is cold. You can sprinkle that with any kind of crushed nuts or lemon zest. Yumm!
If you’re looking for dairy-free, skipping the icing will do the work.
I hope you will enjoy it and have a chance not only to read about it but also to bake it, as it is super easy and quick!