Nourish - Milda’s Perfect Super-food Bread
Milda was our overall winner of the Great Nourish Bake-off with this fantastically delicious recipe for vegan, gluten, sugar, lactose, yeast, and egg-free Super-food Bread!
We couldn’t believe just how easy, healthy and tasty this recipe was. A big congratulations to Milda. We hope you love this recipe as much as we do!
- Start by turning on the oven to 180°C.
- Pour sunflower seeds, crushed almonds, buckwheat and millet on a big baking form and bake them for 10 minutes.
- 2. In the meantime, mix together oats, linseeds, psyllium husk, chia seeds and salt in a bowl.
- Heat coconut oil and honey until melted.
- Put all ingredients in one bowl, add water and well mix everything. Add more water if you see that the “dough” is dry and not sticky enough. For me, 2 cups are just right.
- Place baking paper in a baking form for bread and pour the “dough” into it. Cover with a kitchen towel and leave at room temperature for 2 hours at least (it can be left for up to 24 hours).
- Finally, put up the oven to 190°C and bake for an hour (or until the bread is dry when you put the wooden stick in the middle to check).
- Remove the bread from the oven, remove it from the baking form, and allow it to cool on a rack for about 2 hours. And then – slice and taste it! It is brilliant.
If you’re looking for an alternative to regular bread, Milda’s Perfect Super-Food Bread is the one! Instead of wheat flour, the base of this bread is gluten-free oats with a high percentage of crushed almonds and sunflower seeds.
The bread is held together using psyllium seeds, linseeds and chia seeds. Naturally, this bread is an amazing source of protein and fibre, so you’ll certainly not get hungry any time soon after eating it!
Milda’s perfect super-food bread is a great option for those avoiding gluten or just wish to add some more variety into their diets.
It’s a wonderful base for all matter of toppings, plus it goes well on the side. Try it with:
Looking for some more seed-based nibbles? Try these Easy Seed Snacks. They’re a great little nibble, especially when you just want a quick snack. When you’re going out and about and worried you won’t find anything gluten-free, these are very handy to have in your handbag.
Further recipes for the gluten-free diet are available in our recipe archive. Just have a look 🙂
Flaxseeds (aka linseeds) are one of nature’s richest plant sources of Omega 3 and an excellent source of dietary fibre.
Omega 3 is an essential polyunsaturated fatty acid that must be obtained through our diet and may help to maintain a healthy heart and brain function.
Dietary fibre aids in digestion and helps maintain regularity and cholesterol levels.