Milda was our overall winner of the Great Nourish Bake-off with this fantastically delicious recipe for Vegan, gluten, sugar, lactose, yeast, and egg free Super-food Bread! We couldn’t believe just how easy, healthy and tasty this recipe was. A big congratulations to Milda. We hope you love this recipe as much as we do!
1 cup crushed almonds
1 cup sunflower seeds
1/3 cup buckweath grains
1/3 cup millet grains
2 and 1/4 cups gluten free oats (regular oatscan also be used)
1/2 cup linseeds
1/3 cup psyllium husk
1/4 cup chia seeds
1 teapoon salt
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 cups water
1. Start by turning on the oven to 180°C. Pour sunflower seeds, chrushed almonds, buckweats and millets on a big baking form and bake them for 10 minutes.
2. In a mean time, mix together oats, linseeds, psyllium husk, chia seeds and salt in a bowl.
3. Heat coconut oil and honey until melted.
4. Put all ingredients in one bowl, add water and well mix everything. Add more water if you see that the “dough” is dry and not sticky enough. For me, 2 cups are just right.
5. Place a baking paper in a baking form for a bread and pour the “dough” into it. Cover with a kitchen towel and leave in a room temperature for 2 hours at least (it can be left for up to 24 hours).
6. Finally, preheat the oven to 190°C and bake for an hour (or until the bread is dry when you put the wooden stick in the middle to check).
7. Remove the bread from the oven, remove it from the baking form, and allow it to cool on a rack for about 2 hours. And then – slice and taste it! It is briliiant.