Nourish - Bake-Off Winner Lauren’s Healthy Chocolate Fudge Brownies
Our Nourish Bake-Off Winner Lauren Enright is back with another delicious recipe! She has kindly allowed us to share it with you all so you can treat yourself and your nearest and dearest this Christmas!
This recipe is paleo, vegan (substitute honey for maple syrup) and Coeliac friendly and makes 16 brownies in total.
Just make sure you save one for yourself before everyone snatches them up!
- Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius (160 fan)
- Peel and cube the sweet potato and steam it until it is easily pierced with a fork
- Meanwhile, put all of the other ingredients (minus the dates) in a large mixing bowl and stir.
- Place the dates and cooked potato into a food processor (or strong blender) and blitz until smooth.
- Pour the puree into the bowl containing the other ingredients and give it a good mix.
- Transfer the mixture into a lined baking tin and place in the oven.
- Bake until you can pierce the bake with a fork and remove it completely dry. This should take 25-35 minutes.
- Once removed from the oven leave to cool for 20 minutes. The sweet potato needs this cooling time to stick together.
- Cut into 16 brownies and enjoy cold or heated. I also topped my brownies with cacao nibs for some added crunch 🙂
These will last 5 days in the fridge once you keep them in an airtight container.