Nourish - Emma’s Easy Peanut Butter Choc Chip Cookies
Here we have a superb cookie recipe for you. And not just any ole cookies, but peanut butter cookies. Yum!
- 1 tablespoon Linwoods ground flax
- 3 tablespoons water
- 45 grams Biona Sunflower Vegetable Spread
- 70 grams Meridian Smooth Peanut Butter
- 80 grams Sukrin Gold Brown Sugar Alternative
- 55 grams Traidcraft organic cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 105 grams Infinity gluten-free rolled oats, blended into a flour
- 1 cup Infinity organic almonds, blended into a flour or 145 grams Infinity Ground Almonds
- 2 Packets of Moo Free Chocolate Chips
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius (160 for a fan oven) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the ground flax and water to make your vegan egg and let sit.
- Next, beat together (with a hand beater) the sunflower spread and peanut butter until light and fluffy.
- Add your vegan egg, vanilla extract and sugar until combined.
- Sift in your dry ingredient s and work together until a dough has formed
- Add in all your chocolate chips and a pinch of salt for taste.
- Roll into small balls and place at least 2-inches apart on the tray.
- Bake for 11 minutes. They’ll look soft and slightly underdone as you take them out but they continue to cook on the tray so leave to cool for at least 15 minutes!
This recipe is from Emma McHugh in our Cornelscourt Store.
“I make these Peanut Butter Choc Chip cookies every year around Christmas because they’re so quick and easy for when you may have those last-minute guests. Plus they’re great as a home-made Secret Santa present. Equally, they’re perfect for when you feel like eating unacceptable amounts of cookie dough!”
“They have an amazing crispy and chewy texture and are ready in only 30 minutes. They’re great to share with friends.”
Are you interested in learning more about nut butters? Have a peruse over this:
And if you’re interested in more cookies other than these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies, check out these:
The most famous of all nut butters, peanut butter is nutty and slightly sweet. It’s available in smooth to crunchy textures and is incredibly versatile. Use it in sweet recipes such as these peanut butter choc chip cookies, or in savoury dishes.