Nourish - Let’s Talk Menopause
Menopause is a time many women dread and it can be with good reason; it may mean mood swings, tiredness, changes to periods and hot flushes. Many are unaware that phasing into menopause can take as long as five to ten years. This phase of life is known as perimenopause.
During this time, your body undergoes several hormonal changes which are responsible for the changes in the way you are feeling. Oestrogen and progesterone levels begin to decrease and this can mean changes in your hair, skin, energy, sleep and hormones.
This may continue for several months or years, or vary from month to month. It can also be dependent on factors such as stress, sleep, exercise and your diet. However, with the right diet and nutritional support you can help to manage the way you feel.
Things You Can Do
- Reduce stress levels by cutting down on caffeine and take some down-time to enjoy life.
- Meditation has been proven to help ease cortisol spikes and calm a busy or worried mind.
- Support your body by taking B vitamins which have been proven to help reduce stress and support hormonal production.
- Replace the oestrogen that has been lost with a weaker plant-based oestrogen that will help give a natural boost to lowered levels.
- Support the brain and cardiovascular function by increasing your Omega 3 intake. This will aid in cognitive function and will also help to improve skin and heart health.
- Make sure you keep your bones and thyroid healthy by maintaining vitamin D levels.
- Supplementation will help. Try Cleanmarine® MenoMin, which is an all-in-one combination of Omega 3 krill oil, B vitamins, soy isoflavones, rosemary extract, folate, biotin and vitamin D which can provide women aged 35+ with the right nutrients to help them move towards this phase of their life.
Cleanmarine® MenoMin is available from Nourish in-store and online. Click here to purchase yours today.