Nourish - Beat the Breakfast Blues: An Ode to Green Kitchen Stories’ Banana & Blueberry Pancakes
Today I’ve brought you this scrumptious recipe from one of my favourite healthy food blogs, Green Kitchen Stories.
These are not only nutritious and delicious, but they’re also positively filled with hunger beating protein and fibre.
So grab your favourite frying pan, gather your ingredients and pass the syrup, er, cinnamon.
- 3 Ripe Bananas
- 6 Organic Eggs
- 1 Cup / 100 g Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 Cup / 70 g Fresh Blueberries or Thawed Frozen
- 1 TSP Ground Cinnamon
- Coconut oil, for frying
- Make the batter
- Peel the bananas and them with mash with a fork.
- Whip eggs in a bowl and mix it together with the mashed bananas.
- Add shredded coconut, blueberries and cinnamon and stir to combine.
- Heat coconut oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Pour 3 small portions of pancake batter in the pan at the time and fry the pancakes on both sides.
- Serve with shredded coconut and blueberries and dust with cinnamon.
When it comes to the weekend, what better scent to start your day with than the waft of freshly made pancakes?
This pancake recipe is a great weekend treat, but it’s fast and easy enough to make during your weekdays too should you be feeling like a healthy sweet start to the day.
If you’re a devoted pancake fan, then I have just the blog posts for you.
- We covered some amazing ways to add in some tasty adaptogens into your pancakes in this blog post: Pancake Tuesday (with Adaptogenic Medicinal Mushrooms)
- For a Russian take, we have Russian Blini’s here.
- Similar, though not quite the same, we have some incredible summer compote crepes here.
Don’t miss our other rise-and-shine breakfast recipes:
- Chia Pudding
- Probiotic Muesli and Chia Pudding with Acai Topping
- Veggie Frittata
- Green Smoothie
- Baked Beans
- Happy Pear – Bircher Muesli / Overnight Oats
– Emily Nöth
*Please note that while we are knowledgeable about our products and nutrition, this blog should never be a substitute for medical advice and attention.
Recipe and photo credit: Green Kitchen Stories