Nourish - Red Lentil Pizza (Gluten Free and Vegan-Friendly)
When you think of pizza, what’s the first thing that comes to mind?
Well, I know for many (myself included) it’s ‘heaven on earth’, but then what do you think of?
An occasional treat? High fat? Unhealthy?
This seems to be the opinion of many, however, what if I told you I had created a super healthy, high fiber, high protein, absolutely delicious version of the classic favourite?
What if I also told you that it was far easier to make than traditional homemade pizza?
There’s no dough, no rising, nothing. Just blitz it all up, fry like a pancake, cover with toppings and bake for a couple of minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C
- Blitz all of the base ingredients together in the blender until a smooth(ish) batter is formed. You will more than likely still have some whole lentils still floating about.
- Heat a medium non-stick frying pan.
- Use a little oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan. Pour a ladle full of the batter into the pan and smooth across as though cooking a pancake. It should be around the thickness of a thin crust pizza base, or a thick pancake.
- Cook on a medium heat until you feel it is ready to be flipped.
- Flip and leave on the medium-low heat until cooked through.
- Slide the base onto a board and continue to cook the bases a ladle or so at a time.
- Smooth your tomato sauce over the top and add which ever toppings you wish.
- Bake in the oven for 7-10 mins
- Serve sprinkled with rocket with a drizzle of good quality balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil.
This is a great recipe to make with the kids on a rainy Saturday, or for a bit of casual dinner party fun! It could even be a pretty awesome date night idea, so give it a go 🙂