Nourish - Gluten Free Courgette Chickpea Fritters
These tasty fritters are made using chickpea flour and are quick and easy to prepare as a snack, starter or light meal.
They’re also gluten-free which is a bonus for those looking to avoid it.
The courgettes were prepared by using a spiraliser but they can be shredded with a grater or food processor.
- Combine the flour, salt and spice mix in a bowl. Gradually stir in some water until it is a thick batter.
Do this slowly with a wooden spoon until you reach the right consistency.Set aside for a few minutes while you prepare the courgettes and onion.
- Grate or spiralise the courgette and thinly slice the spring onion.
Add these to the batter and gently mix so that everything is coated.
- Heat some vegetable oil (about 1 cm deep) in a heavy based wide pan. Carefully form some of the mix on a spoon and slide into the hot oil.
Fry on both sides for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Test the first one to ensure it has cooked through.
- Drain on kitchen paper and serve with a crisp salsa of tomato and cucumber or a dipping sauce of your choice.
Courgette, also known as Zucchini is a very versatile vegetable that is packed with beneficial nutrients including vitamins A, C, and B6, plus minerals manganese, riboflavin, potassium and folate.
They can be spiralized to make pasta/noodle alternatives, eaten raw in salads, roasted/charred or cooked.
Garam Masala is a blend of ground spices. This spice blend is used extensively in Indian cuisine and will usually consist of a mix of coriander, cumin, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, black pepper, nutmeg, turmeric, ginger, garlic, mustard seeds, fennel seeds, star anise, saffron, chilis and/or bay leaves.