Nourish - Chick Pea and Feta Salad
This salad is a medley of soft chick peas, sweet caramelized red onions and salty feta.
It’s delicious on its own or served with a generous fresh summer leaf salad.
- Begin by sautéing the sliced onion in the oil on a medium heat. Stir the onions as they slowly soften and begin to caramelize.
- Add the vinegar and continue until the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove from the heat and tip in the drained chickpeas and gently fold into the onion mix to glaze.
- Once cooled, add the peas (raw or blanched for 30 seconds) and crumbled feta.
- Arrange in a bowl and sprinkle with some fresh sprouts.
Chickpeas are a good source of fiber, protein and iron alongside a whole host of other vitamins and minerals.
They have a mild, nutty flavour that pairs well with many other ingredients making it very versatile.
Feta cheese is a brined, white cheese with a soft and creamy texture.
It contains high amounts of B vitamins, phosphorus and calcium, plus it’s relatively low in fat in comparison to many other cheeses.