Nourish - Mixed Bean Summer Salad
The soft comforting beans are enlivened by a generous mix of herbs and fresh crisp summer vegetables. It’s rich in protein, complex carbs and good fats to give you a good hit of nutrition whilst simultaneously satisfying your hunger.
- Blend the oil, lemon juice and mustard to make the dressing.
- Finely slice the celery, radish and spring onion.
- Slice or quarter the tomatoes.
- Mix and arrange the ingredients with the basil and parsley leaves.
- Pour over the dressing.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
This mixed bean summer salad is the perfect dish for a warm summer’s day. It’s great on its own when you’re looking for something small, but equally, it’s great as a side dish.
You can bulk it out with some sweet potato chips, sundried tomatoes etc.
Additionally, you could add something like these polenta chips or stuffed tomatoes.
Of course, you can also bulk out your main meal with this salad to give the dish more colour and nutrition. This mixed bean summer salad goes really well with:
- Chickpea and Cashew Patties
- Millet & Butter Bean Burgers
- Stuffed Courgettes with Walnut and Sage Drizzle
- Bulghur Salad with Roasted
Dijon mustard, which originally hails from Dijon, France is a style of prepared mustard. This prepared mustard has a pale yellow colour and slightly creamy consistency. But don’t be fooled by its meek appearance for it certainly packs a wallop of sharp flavour.
Mixed beans are an affordable source of protein, fiber, iron, and vitamins that offer many health benefits, from gut health, heart health, blood sugar level control, cholesterol-lowering benefits and providing a plethora of antioxidants.