Nourish - Mixed Bean Summer Salad
The soft comforting beans are enlivened by a generous mix of herbs and fresh crisp summer vegetables.
It’s rich in protein, complex carbs and good fats to give you a good hit of nutrition whilst simultaneously satisfying your hunger.
- Blend the oil, lemon juice and mustard to make the dressing.
- Finely slice the celery, radish and spring onion.
- Slice or quarter the tomatoes.
- Mix and arrange the ingredients with the basil and parsley leaves.
- Pour over the dressing.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Dijon mustard, which originally hails from Dijon, France is a style of prepared mustard. This prepared mustard has a pale yellow colour and slightly creamy consistency. But don’t be fooled by it’s meek appearance for it certainly packs a wallop of sharp flavor.
Mixed beans are an affordable source of protein, fiber, iron, and vitamins that offer many health benefits, from gut health, heart health, blood sugar level control, cholesterol lowering benefits and providing a plethora of antioxidants.