Nourish - Rice Pasta with Blanched Green Beans, Tomato and Basil (Gluten Free)
If the dish is to be served warm, then the pasta should be washed with hot water, or if it is to be used in a salad, then with cold.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water.
Stir the pasta at the beginning to make sure it is not sticking and let it boil for about 6 minutes before checking.
It is important to check it towards the end to avoid overcooking.
- The beans can be added to the pasta water for the last minute or done separately in another pan.
- When it is ready, drain and rinse the pasta and beans in cold water before adding the dressing.
- Garnish with basil leaves or parsley before serving.
- Combine the oil, lemon juice and garlic by mixing in a jar or processor.
The ingredients can be varied according to season; spring onions with parsley and a sprinkle of chopped walnuts works well.
The lemon juice can be substituted with white wine vinegar. Tender stem broccoli with a herb pesto is also good.
Green beans are a wonderful addition to your plate not only for their pop of green colour, but also because they are a great source of dietary fiber and protein, as well as being a source of key minerals like copper, magnesium, and iron. They’re abundant in chlorophyll and also provide a host of other phytonutrients such as carotenoids like lutein and beta-carotene.
Rice Pasta is a versatile product that provides diverse nutrition over wheat pasta, plus it is easier to digest.
We stock Doves Farm Brown Rice Penne, Doves Farm Brown Rice Spaghetti, Orgran Gluten Free Vegetable & Rice Pasta Spirals and Orgran Rice Spirals for you to have a play around with in your kitchen.