Nourish - Roast Miso Potato, Kimchi and Lentil Salad
Roast Miso Potato, Kimchi and Lentil Salad
Crispy roast potatoes laced with miso and a hint of maple, mingled up with lentils, crunchy almonds and spicy kimchi. It’s basically the potato salad that dreams are made of. Delicious served warm or cold.
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 40 minutes
Servings – 4
For the Potatoes
- 500g baby potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Clearspring miso
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Clearspring rice wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove minced or finely chopped
- Place potatoes into a large pot; slice any larger ones in half. Cover with cold water, bring the boil and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 200C (400F).
- Mix together one tbsp of the olive oil, miso, maple syrup, rice wine vinegar and garlic in a jug or bowl.
- Drain potatoes, place onto a roasting tray, drizzle with remaining tbsp of olive oil and roast in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes; until starting to crispen up. Drizzle over miso mixture and return to the oven for a further 5 – 10 minutes.
- Mix lentils with olive oil, rice wine vinegar and salt to taste. I also like a bit of black pepper.
- Serve hot potatoes with lentils, kimchi, almonds and spring onions to garnish.