Nourish - Vegan Strawberry Lime Curd Cheesecake Bars
Vegan Strawberry Lime Curd Cheesecake Bars
A nutty oat no bake base spiked with a little coconut, topped with thick, coconut, and cashew cream, finished off with a quick zingy strawberry curd.
Preparation Time – 30 minutes + Setting Time
Cooking Time – 10 minutes
Servings – 16
For the Base
- 1 cup (100g) oats, ground to a coarse flour consistency
- 1 cup (120g) ground almonds
- 30g desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp Linwoods Health Foods milled flaxseed
- 4 tbsp (60g) coconut oil, melted
- 4 tbsp (60ml) maple syrup
For the Cheesecake Layer
- 220g soaked cashews*
- 120g cream from the top of a can of chilled Biona full fat coconut milk**
- 120g coconut oil, melted
- 60ml maple syrup
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Topping
- 250g frozen strawberries
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 30g arrowroot or tapioca starch
- 45ml water
- ½ tbsp agar flakes
- Line an 8 inch square tin with baking paper.
- Mix together all base ingredients in a large bowl. Press evenly across the bottom of the prepared tin using your fingertips or the back of a spoon.
- Place into the freezer while you make the filling.
- Blend together all filling ingredients in a high speed blender. Use your tamper to push the ingredients down if necessary.
- Pour filling over the base and then place into the fridge to set for a few hours or freezer for about an hour, until firm.
- Place strawberries into a pot over a medium heat. Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Mix together the starch, water, lemon juice and maple syrup in a bowl or jug. Sprinkle over the agar agar flakes. Let set for a min, then add to the pot with the strawberries and stir well to combine. Bring back to the boil, stirring continuously and cook for 3 minutes; the mixture will thicken.
- Pour mixture over the prepared base layers and then place into the fridge to set for at least 3 hours. Slice into bars or squares. Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to one week or freeze in a sealed container for up to one month.
*Soak cashews in water for 4 hours or overnight; place them into the fridge. Drain and rinse before adding to the recipe.
**Chill the coconut milk in the fridge overnight. Use the cream from the top of the can. You can use the water in a smoothie or add it to your oats.