Nourish - Hummus Pinwheels
Quick, easy, tasty and healthy hummus pinwheels for the kiddies to take to school or when you’re on the go.
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Servings – 4
For the Hummus
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic, grated
- ½ tsp sea or rock salt, to taste
- Water to desired consistency, start with 45ml – 60ml
For the Wraps
- 1 red bell pepper, finely sliced
- 1 cucumber, finely sliced
- 3 – 4 carrots, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 -2 cups of spinach, roughly chopped
- 4 – 6 wholemeal wraps
- Blend together the chickpeas, olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, garlic and salt in a blender, food processor, or in a jug using a hand blender to make the hummus.
- Add as much or as little water as you need to reach your own desired consistency.
- Spread hummus over the wraps.
- Lay spinach in the middle, a small handful of carrot or cucumber or both, and some red pepper. Roll tight and slice into bites.
- Pack up in a lunch box with some fresh fruit and your favourite extra little snack. We love oatcakes, oaty biscuits, nakd bars, or one of the many single serve chocolate options!
See more of our recipes here.