Nourish - Nuzest’s Clean Lean Protein
We teamed up with Nuzest to put together this blog post on everything you need to know about their protein. On offer until October 4th, grab yours while you can.
Protein is one of 3 macronutrients on which our diets are built. Both short- and long-term health require a steady protein intake – here is why…
Protein is present in all living cells and is therefore essential to almost every physiological process within our bodies.
Primary functions include:
- Energy production
- Growth and repair
- Immune function
- Hormone regulation
- Fluid balance
- Nutrient transport
Protein provides the building blocks the body needs in the form of amino acids. Of the 20 amino acids found in proteins, the body can only make 11 (known as non-essential amino acids). The other 9 amino acids must come from our diet – these are called ‘essential amino acids’ as they are essential for our body to function optimally.
Not all of us get enough from our day-to-day diets for various reasons, and although you should try to get most of your protein from food, supplements can be an easy, cost-effective way to boost your daily protein intake. Particularly if you are following a plant-based diet, leading an active lifestyle, are of an ageing population or are pregnant.
Plant Vs Whey Protein
Whey protein has long been the favoured supplement of choice due to its high biological value and absorption. Although for some individuals, animal-derived proteins, such as whey, can be harsh on the digestive system and may cause disturbance or discomfort. For this reason alone, many individuals opt for plant-based protein alternatives.
Benefits of Pea Protein
- Pea protein can provide similar benefits to whey protein but without the dairy allergens and digestive disturbances
- It is suitable for vegetarians and vegans and is naturally gluten-free and hypoallergenic
- When compared with whey, pea protein is absorbed slower and is more satiating, so you feel fuller for longer
- Studies have demonstrated that pea protein isolate may help reduce cholesterol and triglyceride (fat) levels in the blood
- It has been suggested that pea protein can out-perform whey protein in muscle gain
Nuzest – Premium Plant-Based Nutrition
Nuzest is centred on the belief that good nutrition is the foundation for optimal health. It’s what founder, Trevor Bolland, turned to when his daughter, Monique, was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis at 22. Nuzest’s mission is to make a positive and material difference to people’s lives. They achieve this with formulas that provide customers with the most comprehensive and advanced nutritional products on the market. Every single ingredient is backed by comprehensive research and a scientific rationale. Their choice of ingredients prioritises efficacy above all else.
Made from the highest quality European Golden Pea, Nuzest’s Clean Lean Protein is renowned for its quality, taste, smooth texture and minimal ingredients. Nuzest use the cleanest growing and manufacturing methods available, to produce a unique, high-quality plant protein suitable for everyone.
From athletes to the elderly to vegans, diabetics, and everyone in between, Clean Lean Protein is ideal if you are looking for a convenient and tasty way to boost your daily protein intake.
8 Reasons to Choose Clean Lean Protein
- High in Protein – Clean Lean Protein is up to 90% high-quality protein (higher than whey protein concentrate, soy and rice protein!) and contains ~20g of protein per serving.
- Highly Absorbable and Digestible – The pea protein isolate in Clean Lean Protein has a digestibility rating of 98%, making it one of the most efficiently digested proteins available, this is down to the high-quality isolation process that removes virtually all anti-nutritional elements that interfere with digestion, including 100% of the lectins.
- Contains all 9 Essential Amino Acids – Unlike many other vegetable proteins Clean Lean Protein supplies all nine essential amino acids. These are all vital for health, function, and performance.
- Free from All Common Allergens – Clean Lean Protein is free from gluten, dairy and soy. Nuzest meet the most stringent gluten-free requirements in the world of <5 ppm!
- 100% Vegan – No animals were harmed in the making of this protein! Pea Protein Isolates are considered the highest quality vegetarian/vegan proteins available.
- Non-GMO – The peas that makeup Clean Lean Protein are grown under strict conditions in the fertile soils of Northern France and are strictly GMO-free!
- No fillers, gums, or masking agents – The high-quality isolation process means that the protein used in Clean Lean Protein contains no bad stuff. It is easy to flavour, without masking agents, and does not require gums or emulsifiers to give it that smooth mouth feel; it is naturally already there.
- Peace of Mind – Nuzest’s priorities are safety and quality. Every batch of Clean Lean Protein is tested for gluten and safe microbial levels with regular tests for dairy, soy, heavy metals and pesticides. Your safety is their priority.
How Sustainable is Clean Lean Protein?
Peas are classified as a sustainable crop as they use less land and water than alternatives and add vital nutrients like nitrogen back into the soil. The peas used to formulate Clean Lean Protein are transported from Northern France by waterways to Belgium for processing, further reducing their carbon footprint and environmental impact. The isolation process itself is a patented water-based system – completely chemical free. After the isolation process, any used water is purified and recycled, and any waste is turned into biofuel and animal feed.
Clean Lean Protein is the environmentally friendly choice that is not just good for you, but good for the planet.
Available in a range of delicious flavours and sizes. Shop now at https://www.nourish.ie/c/nuzest/502