Nourish - Coconut Curry Stew
A winter warming, easy Coconut Curry Stew ready for all the family in only 45 minutes. A big bowl of colourful goodness!
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 30 minutes
Servings – 4
- 1 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic finely grated
- 20g fresh ginger, fined grated
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into chunks
- 2 cans of tomatoes
- 400ml water or vegetable stock (1 empty tomato can full)
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk or 300g full fat coconut yoghurt + more to serve
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 cans of beans of choice, drained and rinsed well; we used pinto beans!
- 200g bag of trimmed green beans
- 150g of savoy cabbage shredded
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large pot. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the ginger and garlic and cook for a further two minutes.
- Add the sweet potato, tomatoes, curry powder and cumin to the pot. Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and add in the rinsed beans. Cook uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the cabbage, green beans, and coconut milk or yoghurt. Leave to simmer for 5- 10 minutes more; until all the vegetables are cooked to your liking.
- Serve with coconut yoghurt on top and some toasted seeds if desired.
*I like to sometimes add half of the greens to the stew and steam the rest for serving on top!