Nourish - Speedy Chickpea Tagine
35 minutes between prep and cook to feed 4 people? This speedy tagine is packed full of flavour, colour and pure goodness.
Prep Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 25 minutes
Servings – 4
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 can of Biona chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Biona tomato paste
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 80g pitted chopped dates
- 500g baby potatoes sliced in half or quartered
- 1 can of Biona chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 500ml water
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- Toasted almonds and pomegranate to serve, optional
1. Add your oil to a large pot over a medium heat.
2. Add the onion, garlic and pepper to the pot, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
3. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, turmeric, cumin, paprika, cinnamon, dates, baby potatoes, chickpeas and water to the pot.
4. Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 – 20 minutes; until the potatoes are tender.
5. Remove the pot from the heat.
6. Add the spinach and stir through.
7. Season to taste with salt.
8. Serve in bowls topped with almonds and pomegranate arils if desired.
9. Store leftovers in the fridge in a sealed container for 3 days or freeze for up to one month.