Nourish - Biona Tofu Satay Skewers
Biona organic have created this brilliant protein packed, tasty recipe. Marinated in a delicious sauce and as well as being vegan friendly, they are perfect for summer barbecues and when you need to feed a crowd. Guaranteed to satisfy very hungry mouths!
Why not serve these skewers alongside a fresh spinach salad? Crisp apple and crunchy pecans are the perfect combination.
440g Biona Organic Firm Tofu
FOR THE MARINADE SAUCE:
200g Biona Organic Peanut Satay Sauce or you can make your own using peanut butter
FOR THE SALAD:
1/2 Tablespoon Biona Organic Olive Oil
1 Large Honeycrisp apple, thinly sliced
1 Bunch of baby spinach
Dash of salt and pepper
1/4 shredded red cabbage
85g chopped pecans
1 Shallot, sliced
FOR THE APPLE CIDER VINAIGRETTE:
3 Tablespoons Biona Organic Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons Biona Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
1. Dab the Tofu with a kitchen or tea towel until dry.
2. When the tofu is dry, cut each block into 6 strips and then place them in the marinade sauce, using a spoon to make sure they are fully coated in the sauce.
3. Leave the tofu in the marinade sauce for at least 20 minutes, and preheat the oven to 430F (220c).
4. Place the tofu carefully onto a parchment lined baking tray. Bake for 25 minutes, turning over at the fifteen-minute mark and then putting it back in for another 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile make the salad; place all the vinaigrette ingredients in a mason jar, secure the lid and shake to mix. Set aside.
6. Heat a large pan over medium heat with ½ tbsp olive oil. Add the apple slices and cook for 30-60 seconds.
7. Place all the remaining ingredients into a large bowl, add the apple and toss. Toss the entire salad with the vinaigrette, mix it all up and serve.
8. Remove the tofu from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before skewering them on the satay sticks.
9. Serve the skewers with the remaining Biona Satay Sauce, fresh coriander, fresh lime, crushed peanuts & a spinach salad.
Need something to pair these satay skewers with? Head to our recipes section to get some inspiration here >>